Mold in your home is bad news and unfortunately a common problem in Michigan where the weather is damp throughout the year. However, there is a big difference between mold mitigation and remediation services.
The difference between the two is significant because it could have a physical impact on your home. You want to make sure that you have the type of work done by industry experts who will get the job done right the first time. Read on to learn more, and then contact WeDRY, to ensure your mold problem disappears for the long term. You can also learn more by visiting our FAQ page.
Understanding Mold Remediation
Remediation is a thorough process that involves the process of getting fungi back to natural levels. Perhaps more importantly, it addresses the causes of the outbreak, so it won’t happen again. The permanent nature of the work done is the biggest difference between mold remediation versus mold removal.
It is important to note that before any true effort at mold remediation can begin, the source of water or moisture causing the issue must be addressed. Without that, the mold may return. That’s why there is such a premium placed on mold remediation versus removal. It also requires a process of safety designed to protect the health and well-being of those professionals engaged in the remediation process.
The professionals at WeDRY understand why mold remediation is so critical to the long-term structural viability of your home. We also have a proven process of mold remediation that makes us the industry leader in southeastern Michigan.
Mold Mitigation Explained
Mold mitigation, or mold removal, is the process of removing mold from a location in and around your home. The main difference between mold mitigation versus mold remediation is that mitigation simply removes the mold from a surface area. That does not guarantee that the root cause of the mold will be addressed, making a return more likely.
While removal of the mold is important, many professionals that offer mitigation or removal services fail to address the issue and may not even discover the source of the mold program. Knowing the difference between mold removal versus remediation puts you in the position of knowing the right questions to ask while also understanding the differences between options available to you.
Why Mold Remediation is so Important
To understand why mold remediation versus mold mitigation or removal is an important distinction, you need to understand more about how mold forms. For example:
- Mold is present almost everywhere, indoors, and outdoors, but it grows more significant in areas where moisture is present. This makes it common for mold to build up in the spring and fall.
- Mold spores are so small that they are often impossible to see with the human eye. This makes it difficult to see when and where they are gathering in your home.
- The small size of mold spores also makes it easy for them to enter your home through the smallest of cracks, such as windows, doors, through the foundation, air conditioners, generators, and more. These mold spores may even enter your home by attaching to a pet or clothing on you or your children.
- Any exposure to water can help the mold spores to grow exponentially.
- Mold also thrives in areas of higher-than-average humidity. The professionals at WeDRY recommend maintaining indoor humidity below around 45 percent throughout the year.
- Mold can have serious health effects on anyone living in your households, especially those with allergies or certain health conditions. You may not even realize the cause of these issues for months or years.
- Mold does have a smell, which can help homeowners identify its presence. It can have a strong, musty odor, and may be noticed by guests who are not often in your home.
Don’t Let Mold Grow in Your Michigan Home Unchecked
Not only can mold cause damage to your home, but it could result in health issues or serious allergies for anyone in your household. If you think mold has become an issue in your home, call the experts at WeDRY for an in-home, no-obligation assessment. Our professionals will come out and tell you if and where mold is an issue. We will then outline a plan for mold remediation designed to fix the problem the first time.
At WeDRY, we offer more than mold mitigation, we ensure the problem won’t come back by engaging in mold remediation that will help keep you and your home healthy. Contact WeDRY online or call 248-786-5047 to learn more.