Weather is unpredictable and sometimes surprises happen. Severe storms can cause a lot of damage to your business or home.
In the Summer, heavy storms can bring unexpected water damage to your home or business. Oftentimes, powerful storms result in negative consequences such as:
- Heavy rains
- Strong winds
- Overwhelmed sewer systems
- Power outages
Flooding after storms can quickly destroy your house. The reality is, storms pose a lot of threats to the living environment. These include:
- Roofing damage
- Cracks and holes in the foundation
- Electrical dangers
- Plumbing issues
- Clogged gutters
And of course, you should react to the situation quickly and do your best to get all these problems fixed as soon as possible. Otherwise, the situation will get worse.
Do you have water damage due to heavy storms?
First and foremost, you have to get rid of standing water in your home or business. Determine the water source and remedy the situation. Whether it is from a leaking foundation, sewer blockage/backup, burst pipe, sump pump failure; be sure to check all potential water sources and consult with a licensed plumber to fix the issue. After that, all the necessary post-storm damage restorations and repairs need to be done.
Now, let’s take a closer look at flooding restoration services.
- Emergency water restoration services. The need for a water restoration service may arise anytime. That’s why it’s so important to deal with companies that provide 24/7/365 emergency water restoration services. Give preference to water restoration experts, who work around the clock and are always ready to react to any type of emergency situation and mitigate your issues quickly.
- Water extraction. It’s incredibly important to get water out of your house as quickly as possible. So, after you call a plumber, give a call to dependable water restoration experts immediately after a storm.
- Drying. Once water is removed, the next step that you have to take is to thoroughly dry your living environment. Highly trained and fully equipped water restoration experts will dry all areas in your property.
- Cleaning and disinfecting. Your business or home living environment can become a source of bacteria after flooding that has been caused by severe storms. That’s why your living environment has to be cleaned, disinfected and sanitized after storms. Disinfection will help you make your home or business safe.
- Repairs – Now that your property has been professionally mitigated you have the piece of mind to move forward with any needed repairs.
- Water damage prevention. As the saying goes, “prevention is better than cure”. So, you should take all the necessary preventive measures to reduce the risk of water damage in the future.
Steps You Have to Take Immediately After Storm
Obviously, you have to restore your property after the so-called post-storm damage. Plus, your damage may be fully compensated by an insurance company. To help with this:
Step 1. Take photos of the damage.
Step 2. Inform an insurance company about your situation.
Step 3. Give a call to a reliable water restoration company.
These initial 3 steps are helpful with the insurance process, but rest assured the insurance professionals at weDRY Restoration will obtain all the documentation necessary to justify all the water damage clean up that was necessary to restore your property.
Use Professional Water Restoration Services
Dealing with the negative consequences of storms on your own can be hard. These types of problems require quick and effective solutions.
It’s also important to note that water restoration is the type of work that requires certain knowledge, skills, experience as well as the right type of equipment. So, leave water restoration after a storm to real professionals!
weDRY Restoration is a team of highly professional and certified storm restoration specialists. We are always ready to provide a cost-effective solution to any type of water damage.
weDRY Restoration professionals can help you navigate your insurance policy and effectively communicate with your insurance adjuster throughout the water damage mitigation process.
If you choose to deal with weDRY Restoration, you can rest easy knowing that you’ll get water restoration work done quickly and professionally.
At weDRY Restoration, we are always looking forward to helping you with any of your water restoration needs. Contact us anytime to get a FREE inspection, initial consultation, or service quote!