When water strenuously gets into your property, mold development can start in as little as 48 hours. Consider the following mold facts –
- Mold can exist everywhere.
- Mold spores are very tiny, are present in the air, and can enter our homes via windows, doors, or AC/heating systems or even through our clothing or through a pet.
- Mold spores’ dwell on moisture. Mold spores can multiply quickly when exposed to water. They can produce toxins that are dangerous for humans and pets.
- Before mold remediation can begin, any sources of water or moisture must be taken care of immediately. Or else, it is possible for mold to remain.
- Mold often discharges a pungent, musty odor, so it can be easy to track possible mold problem areas.
- Even higher-than-normal indoor humidity can promote mold growth. Maintain indoor humidity below 45 percent.